Turkey Potato Casserole
Adapted slightly from Allrecipes.com
- 1 pound cooked turkey meat, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped (I omitted this because allrecipes reviewers said it was too strong, but if I had it to do over, I would throw on some French's Fried Onions. It would've made it just right.)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 c. milk
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper
Place turkey in an even layer on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with a layer of onion (optional) and a layer of green beans so that the turkey is no longer visible. Stir the milk into the cream of mushroom soup to thin it out a bit. Pour the condensed soup over the onion/turkey layer, then sprinkle with shredded cheese, reserving some for the top. Spoon mashed potatoes over the top of the casserole, and spread to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through.