I can also get behind any dip that tastes like pizza. While the picture is not the best, the pizza dip was actually quite tasty. The bottom layer is a combination of cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, and that is topped with pizza sauce, more cheese, and whatever toppings you enjoy on your pizza. We served ours with breadsticks the girls shaped from store-bought refrigerated pizza dough (not pictured) and some crusty bread.
While quite yummy, next time I will use less of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom or add more sauce. I'm a sauce girl, and there just wasn't enough for me. Alternatively, use a 9"x13" pan instead of a pie plate. Complete recipe below!
Some other delicious snack ideas include (click on the name, not the picture):
|Jalapeno Popper Dip|
|Simple Restaurant Salsa|
|Triple Chocolate Brownies|
|Buffalo Chicken Pasta|
|Black Bean and Corn Salsa|
|Mini Meatball Sliders|
|Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies|
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- *1 cup pizza sauce
- *1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded/grated
- *1/4 (1/2) cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Pizza toppings: pepperoni, cooked sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
- Breadsticks and/or crusty bread for dipping
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until the cheese has melted, bubbling and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Source: Adapted slightly from Closet Cooking